1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Current 'Stock' Knives for Sale

Discussion in 'CJA Edged Art / Scorpion Forge' started by CrisAnderson27, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Hi Chris,

can you tell me something about the thickness or geometry of the blade ?
    Thanks for your attention.

Your knife art is outstanding !!!

2. Thank you!

There are a couple of different blade options that can have an affect on thickness, and I'm not sure where on the blade you're asking me to give you the thickness of lol. Neither the thickness nor the geometry is consistent throughout the length of the blade. On my XH (extra heavy) model for example, depending on where you measure, you might come up with as thick as 4.7mm, or as thin as .04mm, and that is just along the spine.

All of my blades have substantial distal taper, even the standard thickness models. On those you will find thicknesses of 3.5mm or so, down to .04mm as above.

I know that's not very helpful, but I'm not sure how else to respond.

3. Thanks for the straight Answer.
    Maybe i have choosen the wrong words. I am interested for the data of a certain knife, especially the thickness at 1cm above the cutting edge. Thats the knife i mean.

4. I think you will find that is sold so you might be best contacting the purchaser for the measurements

5. It's actually tied up in customs, and I will be honest...I would hope that my customers didn't hand out specific measured thicknesses of my knives to random people asking ;).

With that said, I would have to give my answer as 'very, very thin' lol. More seriously though, may I ask what your reason for wanting such specific numbers is @kleeer (interesting username btw!)? The numbers would be virtually useless to anyone not grinding a knife. If you are simply looking for a comparison to other makers as far as how the knife will cut, the best way to go about it would be to speak to people that own them. Most of them have owned knives from any number of makers. I would suggest @marc4pt0 or @Anton as they have used my knives along with many others. If there is some other reason you'd prefer not to mention here, let me know and I will send you a PM. If you are just looking for an idea of durability, that would be impacted by much more than just the grind, and would best be talked about with me directly rather than coming to any conclusions based on numbers.

I do hope you can understand my reticence (I feel like I've said this a few times lately...), but aside from my personal aesthetic sense, the geometry/grind on the entire blade is very specific to my knives...and to be honest, is what I feel truly sets them apart from others.

6. Hi Chris,

First of all I want to thank you for the very detailed answer to my stupid question. I thought the knife would not a specific custom order, but rather a standard version.
    In images it is always difficult to determine if a knife is forged thick or very thin grinded. Thats the only reason why i have ask for the data. I imagined to learn something more about the cutting ability.
    It was never my intention to find out the secret of the blade geometry in order to copy your knife. Sorry if it was misunderstood.

@kleeer(interesting username btw!)

By the way, the nickname based on the legendary New Yorker Funk Band KLEEER. A very underrated Band. One of my favorites in Funk and Soul music.

Finally, it is my desire to tell you, that I have never seen such beautiful knives.

best wishes
    kleeer

7. I do understand, and I was absolutely hoping that was the case. It just seemed odd with you only having two posts and both being directed at finding very specific data on a very specific knife, you know? That knife is a 'stock' knife yes, but all of my knives are ground with a full performance grind...even my least expensive paring knife ;).

To help you with your intended question though, my knives are very thin behind the edge...even up to 1.5cm above the edge. There are some very specific things that need done in order to make this kind of grind work without wedging, but the thickness itself is not an issue :).

On the username, that's what I meant by 'interesting' lol. I haven't heard Kleeer mentioned in a long, long time :D.

And finally, thank you very much for your compliments! As I've said in the past...the fact that you all appreciate my work enough for me to be able to do it full time is absolutely one of the main driving forces behind my motivation to keep putting it out there!!

8. Heya guys!

So, it's been awhile since I've put a carbon 'stock' knife up. It just so happens though, that I have two that are ready to be polished and finished out.

20160512_171536.jpg 20160512_171539.jpg 20160512_171602.jpg 20160512_171606.jpg
    The knives are obviously in a base form of polish (as I mention in the video). The first (pictured top) is a 150mm x 50mm XT (extra tall) petty. Price will be $675 to start, including a dual taper handle out of one of my standard woods, and a more normal spacer arrangement. Upgrades include higher end woods (koa, bog oak, rosewood, etc), as well as 1095/15n20 damascus spacers, mokume spacers, or wrought iron spacers. Other options will be handled case by case. The bottom knife is a 190mm XH ko-gyuto, and will start at $930 with the same options.

Since these are stock knives (and by the way, my supply of the XH material is VERY limited, as it's currently unavailable with an unknown availability date), you won't have to wait in line behind the full year plus wait list. These knives would come in roughly 8th, behind current knives in progress (not counting stainless), one special 5 knife order, and two fast track orders.

Here's a short video (please give it 20 minutes or so to fully convert to 4k HD)...and yes, my retarded phone cut me off at 5 minutes...again.

9. The above knives haven't sold yet, though two people actually gave me deposits then backed out, lol. Here's a new video on them, as well as something else you all might find interesting:

:D

10. Hello ladies and gents!

It's been a bit lol...but, I've got a handful of knives available, outside of finishing custom orders.

2x 240mm x 52mm W2 standard geometry gyuto ($4.00/mm)
    1x 210mm x 54mm W2 standard geometry gyuto ($4.00/mm)
    1x 145mm x 45mm W2 standard geometry tall petty ($4.00/mm)
    1x 145mm x 45mm W2 XH geometry tall petty (4.50/mm)

Price doesn't include PayPal fees or shipping, and does include a standard flared dual taper handle, with the sky being the limit on handle options.

The three gyuto have some rather unique hamon. You can see video of these on my instagram as well: www.instagram.com/crisanderson27

20171030_092416.jpg 20171030_092424.jpg 20171030_092439.jpg