1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

CTS-204p now in house

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Dec 28, 2016.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

as luck woudl have it i now have another of car-tecs great steels in the shop
    204p is also great steel like XHP but more edge holding. the catch is however the sheet is thicker then what i start with on XHP knives. this may give me the option to do chefs with a different grind style (read 48" hollow grinds )
    anyhow i just thought i woudl update and let you all know i will be testing kitchen knives in it. the folder i made with 204p has been fantastic

2. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Cool stuff. What's the stock thickness?

3. butch

butch Founding Member

.154 inch but thats not ground clean so im thinkning it will be closer to 1/8 inch when all cleaned up

4. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Are you planning on running these at the same hardness as your CTS-XHP blades?

5. butch

butch Founding Member

due to alloy hardness will be lower by a hair tho the alloy willl have more ccarbides then XHP so edge holding shoulc be slighly better on 204p

6. Should be significantly harder to sharpen than XHP. And to grind as well. Is is carpenters version of CPM 20CV which I have been using for years. You should see that it likes to eat belts at a rapid rate.