1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

CPM-154 is in the house & Price Increase

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

FINALLY - I have a stainless steel offering for my Martell knives![​IMG]

CPM-154 (Crucible Particle Metallurgy)- See Gator's chart for info

In the very near future I'm going to have to change my pricing to reflect the increase in cost of using this steel over O-1. Basically this means that O-1 (carbon) knife pricing will remain the same yet stainless (CPM-154) knives will be the more expensive option.

CPM-154 is some pretty expensive stuff @ 4-5x the cost of O-1. The price difference between these two steel offerings will be significant.

**I'll offer that you can secure today's CPM-154 stainless list pricing (same as O-1) for a 50% deposit. See current pricing. This is for a spot on my waiting list - not immediate order fulfillment. Please contact me if you're interested.

I'm super excited to be moving forward with something new.

Thanks to all of you for your support!
    Dave

2. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

congrats, Dave! Looking forward to seeing some stainless offerings in the future, as they are a lot more wife-friendly (although she loves the carbon petty we picked up from you last month)

3. From where are you getting your steel? Aldo sells O1 for $15 per pound and CPM 154 for $35 per pound.

4. butch

butch Founding Member

dont forget the added cost of HT and of belts used cause cpm154 will eat up belts faster

5. O1 and 154 grind the same for me using ceramic belts. Actually O1 has more tungston and vanadium than 154 and is more abrasion resistant. And Peters charges the same to HT them.

6. Dave Martell

A few folks have contacted me to take advantage of this offer and I want to say thank you for this. [​IMG]

I'll leave this open for two more days and then the new stainless pricing will be in effect.

7. Any estimate on the wait time for a stainless nakiri?

8. Dave Martell

I'd be nuts to even take a guess, sorry.