1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

coming soon

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Jan 2, 2015.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

got a few ready to go but i need to get all the specs
    one slicer
    3 nakiri (one is a long guy)
    and a bull nose butcher
    pictures and specs tonight (kido had Bday dinner and games )

2. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Nice. One of your sujis had the honor of dissecting a rib roast at Christmas and a leg of lamb on New Years Eve. I don't see your sujis mentioned much, but the one that I picked up used earlier in the year is excellent. It more than holds its own against one from Pierre and one from some guy named Carter.

3. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

For those of you who haven't used one of Butch's Nakiris.
    I love mine. Use it a lot even for stuff it wasn't made for.
    That is one of my knives I will be keeping forever.

4. butch

butch Founding Member

specs and pricing in about 30 min getting the kids in bed first after a great long night
    DSC03448sm.jpg

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

6. butch

butch Founding Member

ok im back
    all blades are 3/32 XHP and 62rc
    slicer is 11.5 blade length and the handle s is copper bog oak and inkline maple
    nakiri 1 is 8.5 inch of blade and 15.5 over all stainless steel fittings with rosewood burl and spalted mango
    nakiri 2 is 7.25 and 13.5 overall rosewood burl and spalted maple
    nakiri 3 is 7 inch blade 13.5 overall cocobolo and ironwood handle
    bull nose has a 7 inch blade and 11.75 over all with ironwood handle
    other knives will be up fro grabs from CKTG (got to be fair to all my retailers )

7. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Le sigh....

8. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Alright guys, I'm jumping in, and putting it all on this post, to make it easy. Here are the details. :)

All blades are 3/32 XHP and 62rc

Slicer is 11.5 blade length and the handle is copper, bog oak and inkline maple. Price is $500.

Top nakiri is 8.5" of blade and 15.5" overall, with stainless steel fittings, rosewood burl and spalted mango. Price is $550.

Second nakiri is 7.25" and 13.5" overall, with rosewood burl and spalted maple. Price is $450.

Third nakiri is 7" blade and 13.5" overall, with cocobolo and ironwood. Price is $450.

The bullnose has a 7" blade and 11.75" overall, with ironwood handle. Price is $350.

Thanks for looking, everyone!

9. butch

butch Founding Member

here you can see the grinds on them (they are not sharpened yet) DSC03482sm.jpg

10. Hey Butch, those nakiris look awesome! Do you know what the heel heights are?

11. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

56mm. Both just got "tentative" offers....

12. butch

butch Founding Member

well lefty got back to me and looks liek the cocobolo and ironwood nakiri is back up for grabs

13. butch

butch Founding Member

so here is a shot of whats for sale
    DSC03554sm.jpg

14. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

I'd be tempted by the nakiri but too much on the plate already. Good luck with the sale.

15. butch

butch Founding Member

i realy need to get you last one finished up

16. daveb

daveb Founding Member

I was playing with my/your bullnose earlier today. I used to like lamb. I woke up this morning liking lamb. Still like the knife.

2015-02-12 14.02.52.jpg

Mary had a little lamb,
    then Daddy shot it dead.
    Now it goes to school each day,
    on a piece of bread.

17. butch

butch Founding Member

have one in O1 that is a bit longer blade shoudl be ready tomorrow along withn an O1 chef knife (lots of O1 carbon steel blades in the works )

18. daveb

daveb Founding Member

The bullnose is a great knife for making big things into little things. Would recommend it highly. Will be looking for a comparable boning knife when I next have money in the knife budget (2018?).

Surprised the parers even made it overnight.

19. butch

butch Founding Member

well theyb are not parers they are nealy 5 inch utilittys (read as steak knife sizeed)

20. butch

butch Founding Member

ok and so starts the batch of O1 carbon steel knives
    ceder burl chef and birdseye maple bullnose butcher
    DSC03555sm.jpg