1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee & Knives

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by upbeatvintage, Dec 1, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451068078.588589.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451068136.749506.jpg

Espresso from The Roasterie with my favourite bunka from Masakage (carried by my local shop!).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451068321.171341.jpg

2. Nice pics, that is an impressive looking bit of machinery in copper and brass:)

Here is my Cris Anderson 265mm Gyuto(that's a BIG mug by the way) the morning after being on slicing duty on Christmas day, worked great as a slicer, lot's of questions about it as the family are not really into knives and had never seen anything like it:cool1

tea2.JPG

It had a polished finish before it went there as I love the look of the blade without a patina, looks good like that as well though:)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  3. schanop

schanop Founding Member

Sometimes, I would pull out a vac pot and a pair of everyday Shig's.
    [​IMG]

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

IMG_20151227_113558442_HDR.jpg IMG_20151227_113355923.jpg
    Sometimes, I pull out a Denby cup and my only Masakage

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Love it Schanop!

6. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Away visiting some family decent coffee and my EDC thanks to @Robin uploadfromtaptalk1451243938318.jpg

7. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Nice Masakage Mike. I've been eyeing the 240 gyuoto from that line of theirs.

8. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks Jeffery
    I got it from Rick and it has been one of my best purchases. despite the core of white #2, it doesn't appear terribly reactive and patinas up nicely. It is probably my easiest to sharpen knife. I too have considered the 240 as I don't have a 240 in the block yet.

9. [​IMG]
    Surprisingly we are having a second sunny day in a row here in Saint-Petersburg. I guess that's the longest streak of 2015. Starting day with bright sun and nice coffee is definitely the way to go. I'm a bit envy to those of you who live in US or Australia and have more sun then I could image :)

10. Given the state of my skin right now, don't be too envious....

11. schanop

schanop Founding Member

Usually my early morning cup is a black Aeropress, but today a french press. And that is a Dazu cleaver of Sichuan province, a thin veggie slicer type.
    [​IMG]

12. Mmmmm...coffee. Don't talk too me until I've had 2 cups of attitude adjustment :)
    Coffee&knife.JPG

Sorry for crappy photo, was only on my first cup.

13. schanop

schanop Founding Member

Thank Mike.

14. [​IMG]

Hand filtered coffee with plenty of sugar, frothed milk... found some waffles I made a few weeks ago in the fridge, reheated them with the waffle iron and cut them into pieces with the Kotetsu.

And since it's still Christmas season, I spiced the coffee grounds with some cardamon and sprinkled cinnamon on top of the froth.

15. And here's an espresso with my new Dalman knife.

[​IMG]

16. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Nice photo of the Dalman. He could use some good photos.

17. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

[​IMG]

18. [​IMG]
    Just a casual breakfast at my parents place.

I was expecting to find this Takamura R2 with lots of chipping on the edge, but was surprised when I found just two tiny microchips and blade is still pretty sharp after half a year of usage.

19. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

[​IMG]

Recently received 190mm honyaki ko gyuto from Scorpion Forge. :cool:

20. Thanks! Robin's already got the original :) .