1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Chef- The Movie

Discussion in 'Japanese Knife Imports' started by JBroida, May 13, 2014.

1. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

Finally saw Chef the Movie tonight with some friends... awesome move!!! We are so proud to be a part of it (yup... Japanese Knife Imports first movie credit... check out a bunch of our knives in the movie #zakuri #gesshinginga #gesshinuraku #gesshin)

After seeing it, i really appreciate the time and effort that Jon Favreau and Roy Choi put in to making this authentic feeling. I think, in a lot of ways, they were able to truly capture the #ChefLife.

So what did you guys think of the movie?

2. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

The corn starch clip on the trailer had me rolling.

3. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

where is it... i wanna see it

4. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

My friend went to high school with Jon Favreau.

5. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Just watched the trailer. I can't wait to see it. Will be waiting for on demand or DVD.

6. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

For a minute I thought they were bringing Lenny Henry back...

7. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Exactly my thoughts when I saw this thread title!

8. EdipisReks

EdipisReks The Picasso of Creepiness Founding Member

Awesome!

9. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Chef the movie is now on Netflix

10. daveb

daveb Founding Member

Redbox also has it.

11. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I might stream it tonight.

12. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

I have seen it twice now. I believe the movie truly conveys what it means to a chef. The pride in writing his own menu, sense of accomplishment, drive to always be better (than the last time), and many other (chef exclusive) characteristics. Oh yea, CORN STARCH for the stones was priceless. I don't think there is anybody that has ever worked in a professional kitchen that hasn't done this sometime or another. :cool: Yes, even you ladies. :)

13. John Fout

Saw it on Netflix Sunday night and loved it.

14. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Watched last night with my wife. We really enjoyed it. I did not realize that Jon Favreau besides staring in the move, wrote, produced and directed it. I read today that in some part it was inspired by Roy Choi who also served as a technical consultant for all the restuarant and food scenes. It is cleaver, touching and extremely well done. I can't get the singing skeleton out of my mind! tried to link it, but you have to watch it on Youtube. ( search for chef skeleton scene)

15. Haggises

Haggises Founding Member

If you star, write produce and direct then you get to choose Sophia Vergara as your ex, and Scarlett Johansson as your platonic/girlfriend.
    I liked the movie but wondered if he did his own chopping or had a stunt chef.

16. John Fout

He had a hand double. Or else it would have shown more during the shots.

17. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Stunt chef? isn't that redundant?

18. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member