1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Business SUCKS Blowout Sale!

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, May 30, 2015.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

OK folks, I've slashed the prices down and hope to sell it all off.

All items shown are in stock unless otherwise noted.

Business SUCKS Blowout Sale - While Supplies Last!!

Please make my pain your gain! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Didn't need anything, but happy to help you clear out your inventory.

3. Dave Martell

Thank you so much David!

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

What is taking my order so long? I placed it 10 min ago and its not here yet?

5. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Dave, if you're cool with it, I'd like to share your page on my Instagram page. Pretty good viewership of like-minded people....

6. Dave Martell

That'd be great Tom, thanks!

7. Dave Martell

Thanks to everyone who ordered so far. [​IMG]

The stock is going fast but not fast enough so please feel free to clear us out - business still SUCKS!

8. Thanks Dave for that little retro deal :D.

If you still have an Atoma plate when my next payment comes in, I may be picking one up. Don't hold onto anything on my account though!! Hope you get cleared out soon!!

9. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

10. Dave Martell

:cool1

11. i want Synthetic "Blue" Aoto , shipped to france .

12. Dave Martell

We got them. :)

13. Dave Martell

14. Dave Martell

15. Dave Martell

[​IMG]

Just a reminder that our Business SUCKS Sale is still on and we still have a lot of stock to move.

Killer deals on some great stuff folks! [​IMG]

16. Dave Martell

OK folks, I've dropped the prices - Everything MUST go!

*Note - Quantities are very low on most items.

You'd have to be on crack not to take advantage of these prices. [​IMG] Take a look>>>>

Naniwa SuperStone 10000x Polishing WaterStone w/base - Just $89.50!
    One of the best finishing/polishing stones made. You'll never make a brighter edge than with this stone.

Tsuboman ATOMA 140x Diamond Plate - Complete (aluminum base + diamond pad) - Just $85.00!!!!!!!!!
    Who couldn't use an ATOMA for $65 OFF!?!?!?

Kitayama 8000x Polishing WaterStone w/wood base & nagura - Just $61.50!
    $61.50 for a freakin Kitayama!?!? Are you kidding me?

Takenoko 8000x Polishing WaterStone w/wood base - Just $49.00!
    What about an 8k edge that has bite? You like that? What are you waiting for?

Synthetic "Blue" Aoto WaterStone 2000x - (XL & L sizes) - Just $71.50 & $41.50!
    You've got wide or single beveled knives and don't have this stone? Then you've got nothing!

King 1200x WaterStone - $21.00!
    One of the very best 1k(ish) stones out there. Don't let the price fool you either. And please don't compare it with the suck ass King 1k - gack

King 800x WaterStone - $17.50!
    Damn this is practically FREE! So how do you lay down the base for a kasumi finish? This is my way even when I'm moving onto naturals.

Arato-Kun Pink Brick 220x (L & S sizes) - $33.50 & $21.50!
    You want to flatten a wide bevel or fix a chipped edge then stop screwing around with 1k stones, grow a pair, and get to it. This stone is #1 on my list for crap work.

Synthetic Nagura 6000x (L & S sizes) - $13.50 & $7.25!

Good cheap way to clean & condition (smooth out) 5k on up finishing stones. Use when you don't think that you need to flatten or after flattening to make the surface smooth to cut faster.

Beston 500x WaterStone - Just $32.00!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's the No.1 issue to conquer when cutting in a new bevel on a thin double edged knife? You need to make a crisp edge - FAST! You have to have a stone that cuts faster than it wears. I've NEVER seen a stone better suited for laying down a crisp bevel on a typical thin beveled gyuto. Stop fighting stone wear and get yourself one of these or just be stupid and keep on grinding away on your soft stone. PS - if you're a limp wristed sharpener don't bother - this stone requires some man like downward pressure to bring the water to the surface to keep it from loading.

17. MattS

MattS Founding Member

If I were to get a coarse grit stone before a 1k, would you go pink brick or Beston 500?

18. Dave Martell

That would depend on what you're looking to sharpen. For instance if you've only got (small beveled) double bevels then the Beston 500x is what I'd suggest. If you have wide beveled doubles or singles then for sure I'd say pink brick 220x.

The reason is that the Beston makes very crisp flat bevels and trying to do this to a wide bevel sucks. I prefer to power on through a wide bevel with a pink brick (with some stone flattening included) and get the wide bevel flat enough to move onto a King 800x, aoto, and naturals.

For thin bevels a soft stone like the pink brick is exactly what you don't want because the tiny bevel cuts deep into the stone and rounds the edge over. Soft stones are best suited for wide bevels where the contact surface area is greater.

The Beston is great, almost like a diamond stone, for thin double beveled knives because it cuts so fast and makes a very crisp edge which is the foundation for further refinement. You have to screw up pretty bad to round an edge over on this stone.

19. Dave Martell

Update> Lots of items went out of stock with overnight sales. Thanks to everyone who made a purchase! [​IMG]

20. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I wanted an ATOMA and King 800 for a while... :D