1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Bushnell Legend 8x26 Binoculars Giveaway

Discussion in 'Giveaways/Pay It Forward/Win a Knife' started by WarrenB, Feb 12, 2015.

1. My Bushnell binoculars need to find a new home as they hardly get used anymore and I know a lot of you enjoy the great outdoors so one of you lucky guys or girls could win them.

They are Bushnell Legend Weatherproof 8x26, full rubber coating. The Bushnell label is no longer on the top and there are a few marks on the lenses but nothing that is visible when you look through them, no mist or haze in the optics.

bushnell2.JPG bushnell.JPG bushnell4.JPG bushnell3.JPG

Simple rules to enter:
    1. Open to anyone, anywhere.
    2. Just post a few words about the most memorable thing you have seen in the wild/outdoors, can be anything from a flower to a charging rhino!! Pics would be nice but not compulsory.
    3. Winner will be chosen by putting their post number in Random.org.
    4. Will let it run for a week or so or until interest tails off.

Good Luck!!

2. Kevin

Kevin Special K Founding Member

I'll bite!

I don't know about memorable, but the first time I went out overnight solo, I got to the trail a bit late and was hiking in the dark. I knew the trail well enough that I was just enjoying the darkness - No flashlight or headlamp. About .25 miles from camp, I heard a disturbance up ahead that had me thoroughly freaked out. My first thought, of course, was that I was about to be eaten by a big hungry bear. But I kept hiking anyway, just a little more cautiously than I was before. Suddenly I caught something out of the corner of my eye and damn near had a heart attack (Remember, I only had moonlight to see). I flipped on my headlamp to see that I'd been nearly scared to death by a damn possum.

Happy at my not dying, I trotted into camp with a smile on my face. The next morning I woke up, made coffee, and was relaxing when a flock of some sort of birds flew overhead, one of which took a dump in my coffee from overhead.

The rest of the trip was uneventful but it sure got off to a rough start...

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Great PIF Warren. Not in but thought I would share anyway.

I've been camping, and fishing, and hiking and horseback ridding (love horses) and many other things outdoors but I dare to say nothing was more fun than spending several hours shooting various firearms back in 2013.
    One of my friends got married and for his bachelor party we went to Michigan where another friend has a cousin whom owns an arsenal. We spent a good part of the day shooting at various targets. I don't even know what we shot but it was handguns, rifles, semi auto rifles, some custom made stuff, just a bunch of weapons. Take your pick, load it up and fire away.
    IIRC it was close to 1700 rounds of various ammo we went through.
    We then went back to my buddies cabin for some fire and brews. It was an awesome weekend!

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

MI1.jpg

MI2.jpg

MI7.jpg

MI8.jpg

4. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

My best friends family owned a summer day camp for girls up on Florida Mt. in Northwest Massachusetts . We were bringing in the morning group on the retired school bus we used when a tree came down on the dirt road in front of us. The bus came to an emergency stop. We were about to get out and investigate when a couple little bear cubs came running out on to the road to start nibbling on the young leaves on the tips of the tree. Momma bear followed them out on to the road just before a bus full of little girls started screaming in delight and fear.

5. Most memorable would be boar hunting in Pakistan - talk about disorganized chaos! But no digital pics.

These photos are just steps from our beach house. A 10 - 12' ray got caught in the shallows inland of a large sandbar, in only 3' of water. If you were unfortunate enough to be surfcasting in it's path, just his momentum would have taken your legs out.

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

6. I was backpacking in the California high country and slung a stuff sack with my food over a high relatively thin, tree branch. Woke up in the morning to see a momma bear sending her cub out to get it. I sleep with nothing on and walked out of my tent banging a pan with a spoon to scare the cub off. The momma bear starts walking toward me and I got right back in the tent. Don't know if she was protecting her cub or making sure it got the food. I was lucky the branch wouldn't hold the weight of the bear, so it just climbed down and they went on their way.

7. daveb

daveb Founding Member

I was deer hunting old fart style - in a condo 12' off the ground over a 20 acre food plot, when 3 or 4 does came out with a couple yearlings each. A lot of deer but only bucks were in season so I was spectating. One of the yearlings was hanging back a little and I saw he was a young button buck. An older doe reared up on her hind legs and wailed the crap out of him. He tried to stay with the herd and another doe wailed on him. Talked to a buddy after the hunt and he told me that the does run off the young bucks to reduce incest in the herd. I've spent a lot of time in deer stands but have only seen that once. Pretty cool.

8. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

Great give away. and some cool story's, Im never gona become tired of the amazing stuff one can and does see if you just go outside for a while!

So heres my story. My friend Charlie and I were fishing in a deep hole just west of the Florida keys for yellow tail snappers... It was a great evening flat water, warm air and the sun was starting to set. Not to mention... The fish were biting..

As I set my line back into the water after pulling in a yellow tail snapper. To my surprise, up out of the water about 6 feet from the boat came a manatee.. As he came to the surface. The silence was broken by the what seemed super loud at the time as he released the air he had (spraying water into the air) With that, he took in a breath and down he went out of sight.. Scared the crap outa me really.. until I realized what just happened and what I had seen. Then I felt pretty darn lucky.

That night. Just B4 pulling up anchor. I managed to hook and land a 5' 1" long Barracuda that had swiped the last couple of snappers as we reeled them in. Big old beast of a fish that gave me one heck of a fight.

Thanks for the chance at these glasses.
    Blessings
    Randy

9. Ok we have a winner!! The first number out was.... 5...ME! This happened in previous PIF I did, really need to stop posting in my own giveaways:confused:
    5.jpg

The next number was..... 2....Kevin
    2.jpg

Congrats to Kevin:)

Thanks to everyone that entered and took the time to tell their story, sorry you didn't win this time!

10. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member