1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Breakfast - What's in Your Gullet?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Lefty, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Coffee was invented by Jesus, improved upon by DaVinci, perfected by Wayne Gretzky, consumed by Van Damme, and Sidney Crosby only pretends to drink Gatorade, when it's actually a French Pressed Medium Roast Ethiopian in his bottle. These are all facts. I know this, because I am one. (What?)

So, with that little lead-up - What is your favourite way to get started, in the morning?

I'm a big egg guy. I will have them in a multitude of ways, with my go-to being a delicious breakfast sandwich, with arugula, spinach, mayo, cheddar and two over medium eggs, finished with S&P. My coffee is whatever I have decided is my roast for the week, but I find I lean on either a nice mild-medium roasted slightly caramely coffee from Ethiopia (see first paragraph). If I decide to go away from a milder coffee, I go balls out, and opt for a huge mug of espresso...just like I am today. I have a few simple rules for my breakfast. They are as follows:

If I'm working that day, I eat and drink standing up.

If I can take my time and enjoy my meal, I always take waaaay too long eating it, and before I know it it's 9:30am, and I should be making things out of wood.

I don't like my breakfast spicy. I love spice, but it messes with my coffee, and given the choice between drinking coffee and not being allowed to cheer for the Maple Leafs anymore...well, you get the idea.

I always save the last bite for my dog, who is my best bud. He can't make his own breakfast, so I make sure he gets to enjoy a small sampling of mine.

Dinner foods CAN be breakfast foods. I have eaten spaghetti for breakfast more than thrice.

So, what do you guys say to this? What's your favourite breakfast?

2. Birnando

Birnando Founding Member

During the weekdays I had my last breakfast back in 86 or thereabouts. Simply cannot handle food that early, just a cup of espresso for me. In the weekends I go all in. Full English breakfast or similar!

3. Canadianman

Canadianman Founding Member

I'm not usually a breakfast guy, I go for a cup of tea in the morning. When do make breakfast it usually is lots of bacon and hash browns, I don't like eggs at all.

4. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

Whole wheat bagel with whipped cream cheese and smoked salmon. And a berry, banana, and spinach smoothie.

-Andy

5. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

Ilove a good breakfast, I should really make more time for it on weekdays...

My favourite savoury breakfast would be eggs with smoked salmon. It's such a heavenly combination.

Otherwise crepes or waffles with all kind of sweet toppings!

6. cclin

cclin Founding Member

a cup of nice coffee & crisp crust homemade breads come out of the oven with spread homemade bread butter( kerrygold butter mixed with vergin olive oil, cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil, fresh mince garlic & green onion and a pinch of Truffle Salt)........Heaven!!

7. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

I dont always eat breakfast but when I do I prefer someone else make it. But when I do have to do it for myself, which is almost always (shuddup Jason) I go with eggs toast bacon or meat of some kind, try to work some cheese in there somewhere, squished between english muffins if available. tea or coffee, juice if its on tap... or if im lazy, lucky charms

8. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Spinach and feta omelette is a favorite when my bacon consumption is limited thanks to a loving lady. As for coffee the darker richer roast the better.

9. Twistington

Twistington Founding Member

Coffee and nicotine.

10. MattS

MattS Founding Member

5 days week its oatmeal in a shaker bottle as I run out the door. Saturday is fruity pebbles or coco puffs with the kids and Sunday is pancakes (usual in the vague shape of whatever my kiddos want....mickey mouse is the easiest)

11. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

12. Brianw

Brianw The Dark Net Mastermind Founding Member

Eggs over easy today, with hashbrowns, pork roll, 2 pots of coffee

13. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

As i scroll through and eat my raisin bran

14. Andy

Andy Founding Member

Bacon and eggs if I have time, or if I am in a hurry just toast with either honey or peanut butter.

15. panda

panda Founding Member

usually it's a can or two of beer.

i hate cooking in the morning, if i do it's just steamed white rice, 3 sunny side eggs and a pan fried meat (bacon, sausage, corned beef, etc)

16. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

When I am at work (3rd shift), it's something frozen and microwaveable, like a breakfast bowl from Jimmy Dean or sausage/eggs/cheese biscuit from marie calendars. At home, it's usually something like some banana bread, a muffin, something like that. When I used to be out on patrol during the summer, sometimes it was a pint of Ben and Jerrys to cool down! LOL.

I like to make pancakes, french toast, or do my own hash and spread it over english muffins with cream cheese on the muffins and shredded cheese on top of scrambled eggs on top of the hash. I love breakfast foods, but rarely cook them because of my work schedule.

17. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Oatmeal, with raisins, almonds and cinnamon.

18. gavination

gavination Founding Member

I get up extra early and only take 15 minutes to get ready. Then 45 to an hour on breakfast because I like to be slow and leisurely with breakfast. It usually consists of an English muffin with peanut butter, Nutella, and sliced up banana then a bowl of slow-cooked steel cut oats with a pad of butter, the other half of the banana, dried dates, and pecans. Sometimes there's an egg with some bacon and arugula and truffle salt on half of the English muffin instead of peanutella banana. :D

19. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Rice Chex w/ banana, skim, kefir, and chia seed. And coffee. Warm, bitter, black, wonderful coffee. The only addiction I don't feel bad about yet. Aside from the knife thing of course.

20. Kevin

Kevin Special K Founding Member

Most days just a bowl of oatmeal or a couple of boiled (Toss up between soft and hard) eggs and toast.

Some days though...Homemade biscuits with homemade sausage gravy. Bacon on the side, over medium fried eggs (Fried in bacon grease, always). Those are the days where I just sit around and don't get much done