1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue #2 with a hint of pink

Discussion in 'Handiwork Display' started by Matthew McVicar, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just finished this one. Blue #2 at 64 Rockwell and pink c-tek. Was a customer order and he wanted pink! He's going to use it for slicing up his own cured pork so pink pig, pink knife.

Blade is 9".

Made a sheath for transport purposes but will help protect the blade if it ends up in a drawer etc. Also, it added just a touch more of that pink.

First go using such a hard steel so it was an experience. Didn't get the hamon I was hoping for but have another two in the works so perhaps next time.

Comments/critiques welcome.

Thanks

Matt

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I like the profile

3. I like the rounded choil. It fits very well the knife. Nevertheless, I think the profile is with too much belly for my taste. Personal point of view here.
    Actually the pink is quite fun. I like the motif on the handle.

4. Thanks for the feedback from the both of you. I too prefer less belly for a knife I'm using. This one feels ok to use, but anymore and I wouldn't like it at all. I should get some feedback from the owner soon, so hopefully I've created what he asked for.

5. The only thing this knife is missing is makers mark.

6. Totally agree! I forgot to use my touch mark prior to ht and for the life of me could not get my electro-etch to work.

Even checked on a Damascus blade and it was working fine so something to do with my settings and that steel!! My only other option was a laser etch but that is a week turn around and my customer wanted it for the weekend.

7. That is slick, I dig the profile as well. The big rounded choil flows nicely into the handle. I totally dig the pink too... Sweet! :cool1

8. Glad you like it Milkbaby, thanks. I have a few more to do, with different handle materials so hopefully they come up nice as well.

9. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.