1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Bay Area/Wine Country - Knife Gathering

Discussion in 'Get togethers, Tastings, Restaurant Openings, Etc' started by mikedtran, Feb 4, 2016.

1. I'm relatively new to the knife world/obsession, though have absolutely loved learning and hearing about knives on this forum.

I have organized a Knife get together for March 19th in Yountville.

If anyone is in the area and wants to join please send me a pm with your email and I will add you to the email thread =)

Preliminary Agenda
    -Meet at 2010ZR1's (Lonnie's) place in Yountville at ~10:00am
    -Head over to Del Dotto winery and have some wine and food/snacks
    -Hangout at Lonnie's (over knives and stones)

Cheers,
    Michael

2. Ugh!! I would love to...but it might be difficult to swing two gatherings in one month, and I'm trying really hard to go to the ECG this year!! Any way to do it the following month instead? Not that you should change the entire thing for me, lol. It would just be supper awesome to be able to go to both :D.

3. Preliminary Attendee List - ~9-11 people
    2010ZR1
    mikedtran + friend
    Ian Haburn of Haburn Knives
    ramenlegend +friend(s)
    DS Chief
    Casaluz
    GIC
    Cris Anderson of CJA
    Taylor of Se Ecglast

Would love to have more of you guys join. =)

4. Bump! If anyone wants to come this weekend and hasn't already message me please do =)

We would love to have everyone!

5. Haburn

Haburn Founding Member

Mike and Lonnie did an excellent job planning a memorable West Coast Gathering. Huge thanks to Lonnie and Anja (sp?) for hosting us.

We have to start somewhere, an original Guy Fieri:

[​IMG]

Lonnie organized a wine tasting at Del Dotto:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back at the house:

[​IMG]

Shig "problems":

[​IMG]

Ealy and more Shigs:

[​IMG]

A few Carters and single bevels:

[​IMG]

Glc brought a stunning new Billip, a slick Devin, and a classy Kramer 52100:

[​IMG]

A few from Will Catchside:

[​IMG]

Bill Burk and Maumasi :

[​IMG]

Haburns and Kato:

[​IMG]

6. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Thanks for putting this together Mike! And a big thanks to Lonnie and Anja for hosting! I had a great time talking with everyone. Can't complain about the knives, food, and wine either. Very memorable, and hope to do more like this in the future! Love seeing your work in person finally Ian. You're making some great knives!

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

8. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Yowza is right!!!!
    I see 2 Ealys that I miss, I see the Haburn I wanted, and it's nice to see a Billipp and a Kramer amongst all the other beauties there! Wished I lived closer, would have loved to meet all you guys in person. I have Gathering envy now...

9. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

I'm with Marc!!! Some seriously stunning hardware there! :like :jump :cool1