1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Any of you fine dining guys cook with....

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Wagner the Wehrwolf, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Blood?

No way no how that would fly at the country club where I worked but I think it is classic French technique and wondered if it is still used.

2. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

Why fine dining?
    It really is/was the food of the poor. Blood pudding, for example.
    The Blumenthals blood puree is another story but imho its twisted. Its the journey in search of new things to interest the bored blazed diners. But in the same time, it might be delicious? Maybe time to make some? I think its exciting to think about new ways [for yourself] to use the stuff, like a foam, jelly, ice cream? Sauce?Blood - butter? Some delicious well prepped crispy sweetbreads, some fried chicken ballotine, some bread to soak the juices, and something green/tangy to balance richness of sweetbread and chix?

The blood sausage served there I come from is based on rice, sometimes liver. Cheap cheap cheap.

3. Huw

Huw Founding Member

Yep, made some boudin noir this week, it's one of my favourites! Bound with bread crumbs, flavoured with dark chocolate, sherry & spices.

4. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

I had a blood sausage pasta at SPQR in San Fransisco a couple of years ago. The past itself was made with blood. It was maybe the best pasta dish I have ever had.

5. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Well fine dining because around here it would be fine dining. As would ratatouille, beef bourguignon and ox tail soup.

The pasta idea sounds great.

6. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Love black pudding,standard breakfast item back home.The blood pasta is a genius idea which I will try soon!