1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

any interest in custom rolling pins?

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Feb 22, 2017.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

a friend asked me about making one a whiel back and while i wass at the wood store picked up a 36 inch square of cherry. nothing fancy but was great for a proto
    so its 36 inch cherry pasta pin with the last foot of the pin tapered (both ends) i will have to get a different drive sper so i can get both ends tapered right but like i said test run
    i ll try to get a picture later before i drop it off a my friends house

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

come on Butch!! you know we want the pics!

3. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

We'd be all over one that was 20-24 inches long; 36 inches is a little too unweildy on a kitchen counter (we don't use a table for pasta). And it wouldn't need to taper; just easing the corners on the end would work great. 2 inch diameter would work well. How thick is the slab?

4. butch

butch Founding Member

the one i just did wass 1.5 inch ish at the center with tapered ends about about 18-20 inch of flat center for use i told my friend that if she wanted i coudl ajust the tapers in farther if she felt it woudl be useful
    my lathe can swing 24x42 inch stock so 2 inch should be no problem ;) (i dont have wood in right now for pins was looking to see interest)
    16832297_10208026393768287_9035710182387248355_n.jpg

5. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I would be game as well for one in the 20-24 range.

6. toddnmd

toddnmd Founding Member

What about those salt boxes you were talking about a while ago?

7. butch

butch Founding Member

it all comes down to finding the right wood and the time to turn them never really came up with a good shape/size to make the boxes