1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

A big bit of news and a new little knife

Discussion in 'Brock Cutlery' started by Mark Brock, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Good grief it has been too long! I have been so busy with work this last year that I just haven't had time to make much headway in the knife making department. That said, I am very happy to say that I am now retired from my corporate job and will shortly have time to focus on the work I really enjoy.

So I was working on a hunting style knife a while back and messed it up. So I wanted to turn it into a small kitchen working knife. (A knife maker never messes up a blade, we just end up making a smaller knife, right?)
    Well I ground out what I thought was a really nice hollow design. ...and then I messed up really bad and ground the handle profile right into the skeleton holes in the handle. Now it is really unrecoverable for selling to the community. That's ok, it now becomes a test knife in my own kitchen.
    Well, this little thing over the last couple of months has become our go-to daily driver for kitchen use. My wife and I both love it and it's the first thing we grab for daily meal prep when the larger knives are not in order. It also doubles as a great little steak knife to boot.
    Funny, I mentioned to my wife that some folks were interested in a set I kept and that I was going to sell them.
    She got a bit of fire in her eyes and said "Your not selling my little knife!" :)

I wanted to post a couple of pics and get y'alls opinion on it. Do you use this type of knife on a daily basis?
    What do you think?

Paring1.jpeg Paring2.jpeg

2. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

I certainly use a parer on a daily basis!

3. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

That looks a lot like my little Ealy paring knife. I like it!

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Congrats on the retirement, Mark! Looking fwd to seeing more knife work from you

6. Thanks Jim. I am really liking the hollow grind on this little one. Stiff spine, but thin at the edge. Makes for a stout little slicer and handles most tasks pretty well.

7. Thank you! It's taken me a week to start to get my bearings, but sure makes it easier to think about the knives I want to start on, and some of the old projects I want to finish.

8. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

That is ALL my wife uses...for EVERYTHING!