1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

6" Boning Knife Prototypes - For Sale

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

6" Boning Knife Prototypes

[​IMG]

These knives are prototypes, priced lower than normal, and not something that I can make on order.

If you want one - NOW is the time to buy!

• Model - Boning (Prototype)​
      • Blade Length - 6in (152mm)​
      • Grind - Full Convex​
      • Handle Style - Butcher​
      • Collection - Standard​

You have two choices to select from....

1. CPM154 (powdered stainless) @ Rc 61-62 (with cryo) with teal colored Big Leaf Maple Burl handle and mosaic pins.

OR

2. O1 (high carbon tool steel) @ Rc 60-61 (with cryo) with Cocobolo handle and copper pins.

These blades were reclaimed from my "Pile O' Shame", made from previous "fails" (earlier attempts to make knives that went wrong).
    Full convex ground from spine down to the cutting edge for strength, low flex, and ease of cut. The heel has been rounded over smooth to keep the hand safe. The full cutting edge is exposed for sharpening and touch up maintenance.

The woods were a gift from two different friends. I used them to bring some good vibes to the new blades.

The handles have been sealed with a varnish/oil mix to aid in their protection.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Price - $275 (each)
    *Note - this is the lowest pricing that will be offered on these knives.

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and location and I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.[​IMG]

P1010004.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010010.JPG P1010011.JPG P1010012.JPG P1010016.JPG P1010017.JPG P1010018.JPG P1010022.JPG P1010024.JPG P1010028.JPG P1010003.JPG

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Dave Martell

I'm hoping to get some feedback from whomever buys these knives but I'd love to hear anyone's opinions here as well. [​IMG]

3. Dave Martell