1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

52100 Nakiri with a new handle design

Discussion in 'Brock Cutlery' started by Mark Brock, Dec 23, 2017.

1. I've been experimenting with many different handle designs since I started making knives. I believe I've finally hit on a style that I am going to explore in depth. This one in particular is a bit of a fusion of octagon/western styles.
    Ironwood/copper/manzanita burl.

Blade is still rough off the grinder. This blade is a pretty thin convex nakiri, with a thin ghost tip for slicing. It should perform nearly as well as a gyuto for tip slicing. 52100 @ 63.
    196 x 47 mm with distal taper from 2mm to .75.

I tried something a bit different with the angled grind at the tang to match the handle.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I really like the angled Tang/handle junction.

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. Thank you Jim. Probably my best handle yet. I love that manzanita, it's a beautiful wood.
    Funny, we used to burn manzanita burl when we were camping at our cabin as kids. What I wouldn't give for some of those burls!

5. This one is finished up and available. Asking $245 plus shipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Beautiful knife, Mark. I'm not a big fan of the nakiri, but this one is making me want to see if it can change my mind. I'm tempted to get it to see if it can.

7. Thank you Rick! You would probably be pleased with the thin tip I think.
    I was tempted to keep it myself but my wife doesn't play well with carbon steels...

8. the handle looks very comfortable, nice looking knife you have there.

9. Thank you B.

This one is sold. Thanks folks!

10. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

11. Hey, it is a new design. Thanks! Glad you like it. :)