1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

285 mm AEBL Yanagi-ba with Ironwood and silver

Discussion in 'Brock Cutlery' started by Mark Brock, Jan 25, 2017.

1. I am putting this one up for sale,
    285 mm Yanagi in AEBL at
    63 rockwell hardness.
    Heel height is at just under 33mm.
    Spine at heel is 2.86 mm
    OAL 433 mm
    The handle would be considered on the thicker side at about 1 inch height, and just under 1 inch width. Standard tapered octagon configuration with silver ingot spacer.

The price is being set to reflect the state of this knife, a great opportunity I think for someone who will sharpen and use this blade. I have way too many hours in this, but it has been a great experience in the making.
    The edge is a single bevel grind with urasuki and is incredibly thin.
    This one is being sold as a prototype study. It seems I do not have the appropriate water stones to complete the sharpening correctly, so it is sold as is and will need the sharpening completed.
    The fit and finish isn't perfection, but is is quite nice. There are a few very minor scratches on the urasuki from the stones.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about the edge or knife in general.

Price $175.00 plus shipping.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional pictures.
    Comments and critique encouraged!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. This one is sold pending funds.