1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

255mm kiritsuke tip gyuto in aebl

Discussion in 'Tansu Knives' started by chefcomesback, Dec 25, 2015.

1. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Merry Christmas to all of you , this is what I was working on Christmas Eve after wrapping presents , 255 mm kiritsuke tip gyuto in Aebl , around 62hrc , asymmetric ground for right handed person with big bevels , semi mirror polish . Very thin tip , very thin behind the edge with a flat profile and good distal taper .
    Handle is octagonal ringed Gidgee from my special stash with double nickel silver spacers, blond buffalo horn ferrule and end cap which is getting very difficult to come by nowadays . SOLD thanks for looking
    Mert
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451056409.909387.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451056494.253821.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451056569.653926.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451056664.400224.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451056697.946335.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451056750.053136.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451056865.944142.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451056939.629919.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  2. Beautiful Mert. Merry Christmas

3. Very nice Mert.

4. chefcomesback

Thanks guys

5. I would like to add that to my growing collection of your knives. Let me know if it is still available.

6. chefcomesback

It's available and will make a great addition to your collection :)!

7. Geez no need to hoard... someone of us have only just put their first knife from Mert to use :p

8. When you get one of Mert's knives in your hand you can really tell how well made they are. I started with one and used it over the Christmas Holiday and it just made me want to get a few more of his knives. Sorry for hoarding.

9. chefcomesback

Thank you for your kind words Lonnie , I am glad you liked them , I think you have 4 by now right ?

10. While I don't have as many as Lonnie, the one i have has been a dream to use. I can't wait until i have a dish that requires a heap of diced onions. Did a trial of horizontal cuts while cutting some onion for a tart and the tip went through like the onion like it didnt exist.

There will definitely be more Tansu knives in my collection in the future.