1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD 235MM Tansu's Chef Knife

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by V1P, Jul 24, 2015.

1. V1P

V1P Founding Member

I am selling this knife only because I am getting another one from Mert. Knife is 2 months old, been sharpened once. The AEB-L has great edge retention, had to sharpen it only after 1.5 month use in a pro kitchen. Edge kept coming back stropped on felt and 1 micron diamond spray.

I have had a couple other knives in AEB-L and this one has the best retention.

Here are the specs:

235mm workhorse gyuto in AebL

Asymetric grind for right handed use

Handle : western , ringed gidgee and brass

50mm tall at the heel , 2.80mm at the spine , 235grams

Knife has everything I like in a chef knife; tall at heel, thick spine, forward heft, stiff, thin at the edge and tip. Food separation is outstanding and very minimal wedging. I have average sized hand and handle is very comfortable to use.

His wait list is getting longer by the day, this is your chance to jump the queue. As an added piece of mind, Mert will continue to offer his after sales service to the new owner. That means he will provide maintenance on the knife, provided that shipping to him and back is accounted for.

Price is $500, Paypal fee and shipping included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]