1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

220mm AEBL gyuto and the chef

Discussion in 'Houston Edge Works' started by Pennman88, Feb 26, 2016.

1. 220mm gyuto AEBL with red dyed maple Burl and carbon fiber bolsters. Wolfgang Puck using it at home to cook for his family.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Beautiful knife. What's he cutting on?

3. Looks like one of those epicurean brand boards. Not my recommendation.

4. Mrmnms

I may reach out to him and give him a piece of my mind disrespecting that gorgeous knife. I'll be sure to mention you.

5. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

YEA!!! What the hell? :D

6. What I find is that most of my private customers are the Sur le Table crowd. S le T pushes those boards like crazy. If you take their cooking class, each station is outfitted with a Shun and and epicurean board. I make it clear to my customers that those boards are like cutting on glass or marble. Avoid!

7. Mrmnms

I fix so many chipped out knives that people use on granite counter tops. At least they're using something. Maybe you should offer a package with a cutting board.
    BTW, I left my buddy Wolf a message. Really gave him a piece of my mind. DUDE! WT hay :D