1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

2023 East Coast Gathering (ECG) - Sunday, July 16, Washington, DC Area

Discussion in 'Get togethers, Tastings, Restaurant Openings, Etc' started by WildBoar, Feb 9, 2023.

1. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

I'm getting an earlier start on the announcement this year. Hopefully that will increase the chances of some restaurant people being able to get the day off, and to avoid vacation conflicts.

For those new to KKFora, this is an annual gathering of old and new KKF and KKFora friends/ acquaintances, and there are lots of sharp implements to ogle and caress. And there is a group effort on food and drinks, so we all eat and drink well.

Last year we had a nice group of knife maker in attendance. Butch Harner, Henry Hyde, Jovian Forge (Andrew), Tony Laseur, Ben Zimmerman and Britton Steele. And local sharpener, restorer, engraver and all-around madman -- Victor Wolansky from Artisan Knife Services. All of these people have already responded that they should be able to attend again this year. Plus it looks like District Cutlery (Derek) will be able to attend. And it looks like the Philly crew will be back, as well as some people from NJ, Nashville and Richmond. And the king of all knife accumulators Marc4pt0.

The event is at my house in Alexandria (northern Virginia).

The event is indoor, so no problems with weather. Gas and charcoal grills outside, and ovens/ stove inside for those who want to cook or reheat food here.

We encourage attendees to bring some food to share.

We are spouse-friendly, so feel free to bring yours out. My wife and son will be out of town this year.

I have contact info for most past attendees. If you have not been here before and would like to attend please PM me your name and an email address and I will send you out additional information prior to the event (including the address).

And if there is interest we can pull together a dinner the night before. We had a group at Zaytinya a few times in the past, and one year a few of us went to a local Ethiopian restaurant.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

2. WildBoar

Less than 6 weeks until the 2023 ECG :cool:

There are 8 knifemakers coming (from PA, MD and VA). District Cutlery is coming, and may bring their mobile sharpening van. A saya maker is coming. There will be knives. There be stones. It should be a fun day.

3. WildBoar

2023 ECG is only one week away! DM me for info if you are interested in attending.