1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Well it is already partway into February, so time to start talking!

Leah and I are happy to host again this year (Northern Virginia area).

May seemed to be a pretty good month for this. Right now any Sunday in May except the 22 would work for me. The 28th would be great if Memorial Weekend isn't a show-stopper for too many people.

Last year we had over 40 people. I hope we can at least keep that amount this year, although a couple of the attendees have moved out of the Mid-Atlantic area.

2. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

Looking forward to it again.

3. butch

butch Founding Member

for the most part i shoudl just need info

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

East coast gathering. Where bunch of knife nuts make ice cream with liquid nitrogen and eat BBQ.

5. That sounds pretty awesome! Steak, ice cream, and knives? What else is there?

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Not trying to sway the vote on dates here, but if it's on Sunday May 7th you can just count me in.

8. If I can't make it to the gathering, I hope to at least send a blade to be played with.

9. WildBoar

Mareko, you said you may be heading east for a visit this spring. Is that still in the works?

10. Looking forward to this

11. It is, I'll be at Blade Show in ATL the first weekend of June, but might be able to swing out early for the last weekend o May. However I don't want to pull the gathering any die ruin especially if it works better for folks at the beginning of May.

With our new little guy to account for now, it's hard to say if I'll even be able to get extra time on either side of My trip to ATL, as in years past.

Y'all do you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Family travel on the 28th for me with the kids out of school that Monday. I am siding with Marc and keeping fingers crossed for the 7th.

13. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Would try to make it. About a 4 1/2 hour drive for me, but not out of the question. Haven't been to one since it moved from NJ and would love to reconnect.

14. WildBoar

Okay, it looks like we are set for May 7

(i.e., the wife gave it the 'ok' this afternoon)

I'll start a new thread later this week.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

15. WildBoar

It looks like May 21 will work better then May 7. But I can give it a week before setting it in stone.

Thoughts/ comments?

16. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Same to me.

17. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Any plans on trying for the Green Pig Bistro again the night before?

18. WildBoar

Definitely something the night before. Can be GPB again, or possibly Zaytinya in DC (ChefCosta). And Kostintinos recently started at a place in DC. So we should have a few options to pick from.

19. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Nice, all good choices!