1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

2014 East Coast Gathering (ECG)

Discussion in 'Get togethers, Tastings, Restaurant Openings, Etc' started by mano, Apr 28, 2014.

1. 2014 East Coast Gathering/ECG

Sunday, June 8th 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Holland, Bucks County, PA

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I’ll supply food, beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages.

There are beds and sofas for at least eight and plenty of room on the floor for people who need to spend the night

There will be tables for demonstrations and showing your knives

Confirm attendance with # of people on this thread

PM me for the address, directions, coordinating food and any questions.

We had a great turnout last year. Knife makers, retailors, professional sharpeners, professional chefs, home cooks and collectors traveled from as far as New England and South Carolina. They brought incredible knives and fantastic food. Theorydemonstrated breaking down whole fish.

The ECG is a chance to meet the people on KKF and talk every aspect of knives.

Attend and make this year even better

2. butch

butch Founding Member

got your email and im going to look into getting out there again. was soo much fun

3. Can't wait to see what you're bringing. Don't know if anything can fill the shoes of that tuna sword.

4. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

I plan on attending; not sure if I will be solo or not.

5. People who attend usually bring their knives. The display of increadible custom and production knives the last two years was impressive.

There's also some selling and trading.

6. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

cant wait to see the pics. mano, you are the man. hosting the ecg is amazing I wish I could be there to see what everyone has to bring to the table. Have a great time and take more pics than last year!

7. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

8. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

I'll be there, but I will need your address again.

9. Do to work and other circumstances I have never been able to make it to any of the past ECG. As it so happens this will be the 1st ECG that I will be able to attend so I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll be in NYC Saturday night if anyone that's going is meeting up, I know in the past there have been a few NYC "pre-games"?

10. WildBoar

That's great! Hope you can bring a handful of your top-tier cutters and some leather work.

11. Any "special" requests just list here anyone and I'll do my best to bring it / them . Just waiting on mano's PM with address.
    Also if anyone needs a ride I can fit one in my jeep. I'm on the south shore of long island in nasaw

12. Any "special" requests just list here anyone and I'll do my best to bring it / them . Just waiting on mano's PM with address.

Also if anyone needs a ride I can fit one in my jeep. I'm on the south shore of long island in nassau county. It would be best for me if you could take the LIRR (Long Island Railroad) to my stop (Freeport) but other arrangements can be made. I guess 1st to post gets the ride is the fairest way to do this?

13. WildBoar

PM Son; maybe that will be easier from him then getting to the middle of NJ.

14. Done, just sent him a email

15. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Let me know if there are any "pre-games". I may be able to join.

16. WildBoar

I'll be on the King of Prussia side of town on that Saturday if anyone is up for something. I think Dave M is about 45 minutes northwest of where I'll be staying.

17. Just returned from 10 days with limited internet access. That's why my PM's were so brief.

People are welcome to come a day early and if there's any interest I'll make dinner. This is a casual gathering where most people bring their knives to show, sell or trade. Family, friends and pets are welcome and feel free to smoke tobacco products. Beverages and food are welcome, but not expected. Someone asked if they could camp in the back yard and that's fine, too.

The only thing I ask of anyone is clean up after yourself.

18. Oh, and to have fun at all costs.

19. butch

butch Founding Member

doug S and i are going to make it. i ll hav a few things but not much

20. Bring what you have. It'll be good to see you.