1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Annual Seattle International Knife Show

Discussion in 'Maumasi Fire Arts' started by Mareko Maumasi, Apr 25, 2014.

1. This goes out to all whom, sadly are unable to make it to Seattle for this weekend's show. I know that for the most part, the wonderful folks on the forums get filled in on the shows they miss a bit after the show has even happened. I want to give all of you a chance to see the events as they are happening by following Maumasi Fire Arts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

You'll get behind the scenes and see today's "Pre-funk" at Dave Lisch's Dragonfly Studio and Studio 4 Forging Facility. Over Saturday and Sunday you'll get to see the incredible collection of Bladesmiths and Knifemakers that the Blade Gallery has assembled for this rockstar show, their beautiful work, and an inside look at the Saturday VIP reception and Award Presentations!

So follow us on whichever platform works best for you. Share, Like and Comment to spread the word so everyone can get the chance to see the excitement!

Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter

Thanks everyone and I look forward to seeing your comments!

Best,

Mareko

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Great instagram photos, Mareko! Thanks for posting them. And Congratulations on the "Best Chef's Knife" and "People's Choice" awards!

And yes, the knives DO look great with a little blue to them...

MaumasiBlue.jpg

3. SpiceOfLife

SpiceOfLife Founding Member

Would you be willing to post pics of which knife you won best chef's knife for? Congratulations though :thumb

- Steve

4. Congrats Mareko!

5. Here you go @SpiceOfLife this is the knife the won best chef. [​IMG]

6. SpiceOfLife

SpiceOfLife Founding Member

Beautiful. In your twitter pics that one really stood out! I'll have to get me a knife in that pattern sometime. Congrats again, I'm sure you're thrilled!

- Steve

7. Wow that's a beauty! It's almost too pretty to use lol. Congrats again on your awards and welcome to KKF :)

8. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I think my favorite photo from the show is "Knives and Coffee!". With the black shirt against the black background, it looks like the Great and Powerful Oz was there to dispense beverages.

9. Thank you all! What a great honor to have won not only the "Best Chef" category, but the "People's Choice" as well. Keep those peepers peeled and follow me on Instagram because there's a lot more to come in the final day of the show. @Lucretia, so wonderful meeting you and your husband! Thank you for sharing the photo of the patina. I love it!

10. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Mareko, it was great meeting you, too! And a drive to Olympia is MUCH easier than the trip to Kirkland... :D

11. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Congratulations on your recognition Mareko. Well deserved I might add.

12. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Congratulations, Mareko! What an absolutely stunning chef's knife. Way to bust out of the shoot with guns a blazin, very impressive!