1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

John's Knives

Discussion in 'Knife & Gear Galleries' started by John Fout, Feb 19, 2014.

1. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

My everyday kit. This is what is always in my bag. There is plenty of room for extras so I add to it depending on what I want to try out or play with. The Ultimate Edge bag is amazing for anyone in the industry. If you are on the fence about it, get it. It is worth the price of admission.
    [​IMG]
    These are my knives from culinary school. I have a firm hatred for Mercer knives now. The cheaper handles are awful and the steel needs sharpened once a week or more depending on restaurant use. For home use they aren't bad but man do I hate most of those knives. I tried using the chef knife after dressing it up, grinding down the bolster, flattering the profile a titch, etc and I just couldn't stand it. I didn' get through service with it. I switched back to my laser half way through. The rubber grip on the handle is also worn smooth from years of use and not grippy at all with wet hands...
    [​IMG]
    All the knives I own. Nothing earth shattering. I do have a couple out on loan to people but once again, nothing earth shattering.
    [​IMG]
    The Shaptons- love these stones by the way...
    [​IMG]
    The WIPs
    [​IMG]
    The J-Knives- well mostly, not sure about the Richmond. The Tojiro ITK 240 was my first knife in five years after leaving culinary school.The petty followed soon after then the Laser when I was too new to keep up with a carbon knife on the line and the bread knife shortly after. The nakiri makes an appearance on prep days but I'm getting more night shifts and less prep shifts since I finally trained a replacement that is working out really well.
    [​IMG]
    The little 2Lion Sab is one of my favorite line knives right now. Great size and great edge. Really thin behind the edge and cleaned up well. I stole it off of eBay in my mind.
    [​IMG]
    The three piece blade is interesting.
    [​IMG]

More knives on the way... Like always :D
    I also have more pictures and can always take more if anyone wants to see a different angle/choil shot or something. My camera skills are not the best and I am limited to a point and shoot or my phone. I may even move the revolver mags off the coffee table. :)

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

can I see them with the angle of you upside down on one hand ? noticed you slipped some pens in there,.. guessing that was for me. Thanks man

3. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

that forgie 3rd from the left in WIP looks like a cool profile

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

5. John Fout

I always have a pen on me. Right now it is a Pilot VP. That is going back to Pilot very shortly, finish is ugh lacking... I need a sharpie and a dry erase marker for work.... cell phone for a multi timer, watch for whatever...

6. John Fout

That is a unknown Sabatier manufacture. EBay user brunnoise has more and more styles. They need annealed and heat treated after ground to shape then finished and handled. Figured I would give one a try then possibly try more.